Thursday, February 12, 2009

Would you eat this?

Thanks to my friend Sierra I was reminded that I have a book to help me get veggies into little bodies. I bought this book about a year ago and didn't do anything with it because we were in an apartment at the time and I didn't have my food processor and a lot of other kitchen tools. So, I broke it out and did some pureeing yesterday. Here is what I started with:
 
I had to steam most of the veggies and then puree them in the food processor. This was really, really easy.
  
Derek sat like a little angel the whole time, eating "healthy" things like this:
 
Here is the end result.
 
What am I going to do with this you ask? Well, last night for dinner I made Mac & Cheese with white beans in it. Mason actually ate it. Today, I made brownies with spinach and carrots in them. They are still in the oven, so I'll have to leave you in suspense until later. I am eager to see how Mason likes the brownies after school today. Yeah for veggies!

No comments:

Post a Comment