Monday, February 16, 2009

Success!

The first brownie batch I made I used unsweetened baking chocolate and they were good, but not that GOOD. Last night I made another batch using dark semi-sweet chips and was worried because I had melted the chips and then it hardened in the batter before I could get it into the pan. Again, the brownies are good. After school today, my kids ate 2 brownies each which I was surprised about because they are not super sweet. I am making strides getting spinach and carrots into little, growing bodies.

 

I also made this on Saturday. The kids (husband included) loved it. Spinach and tofu are the two ingredients no one in my house would even think about eating separately. I did end up adding some ice cream in the end, but hey, at least those little bodies are getting some greens. I'll do this again.
 

2 comments:

  1. I put raw kale in my smoothies and you can't taste the difference. Kale is super nutritious.

    ReplyDelete