Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Snow Day!

This is what we woke up to today! Hooray!
 
Since school was canceled today and Chris had the day off of work, we went out sledding and we did a little baking. I am making Blueberry Cake thanks to Randi at ihavetosay. Chris made pizza dough, both of which will be consumed a little later. I have learned a little about myself today. I already knew this, but I had another confirmation. Chris had asked for some new baking supplies for Christmas. I like these kinds of requests because I get to profit from these gifts too :) I had bought a few items from King Arthur Flour and today realized how much I like quality items and getting your money's worth. You know how it is, sometimes you pick something up at Walmart and it just isn't the quality you were hoping it would be, but you bought it anyway thinking, it will do the job just fine. Well, when it came to using the sifter to make my blueberry cake today, I was amazed. This thing measures your flour for you, the crank is smooth and doesn't make that ratchety sound the metal ones do. There is a duster that comes with it, wow, I am in love. I can't speak for Chris, but I think he is too. He is the one that broke it open today to use for his pizza dough and he was impressed.


The measuring cups and spoons are pretty fancy too. The spoons actually fit into your spice jars and the cups come in all sizes. We (or should I say I) went the extra mile and bought the odd size cups along with the regular sizes. Boy have they come in handy. Needless to say, I am not trying to do a commercial for King Arthur, I just like nice things!

No comments:

Post a Comment