Friday, January 23, 2009

IGP Night! Thank you Lyric.

Lyric taught us several things we need to do in order to have a great sewing experience with our machines.

1. Brush out your bobbin case each time you wind a new bobbin.
2. After every project, take apart your machine and clean it out and give it some oil on the moving parts. One drop will do it.
3. Use good thread.
4. Change your needle after each project.
I am sure I am forgetting something. We talked a little bit more about how to adjust your tensions, what kind of presser feet to use and different kinds of needles.

Here is Velma, all taken apart.
 
Heidi, Kristel and I were having a challenge to see who took out the most lint. It is amazing where this stuff can be found. Here is our pile. It was pretty gross.
 
Kristel, Heidi, Felicia, Lyric, me
 
Thanks again Lyric. We really enjoyed learning from you. Next month, we will be making aprons. Yippee!

2 comments:

  1. You have no idea how jealous I am of IGP night!! :o) I'm so glad you found a group that can get together regularly. I'm sure the conversation is as good as the projects you are making. SO FUN!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will add my jealously, umm envy... no, "wishful hoping" for a few hours of sewing with fun people... sounds like so much fun. People who sew are good people! (hop over to my blog and look on the side links to one called "stash talk" It's my sis-in-laws monthly quilt group, it's inspiring).

    ReplyDelete